PortalForum Q&A Section DOT Information and Questions WELDON 7" BACKUP LIGHTS

Summer Seminar Information

WELDON 7" BACKUP LIGHTS

Discuss NYS DOT Regulations

Post 30 Aug 2007, 08:27

WELDON 7” BACK UP LAMP
WELDON #1010-1100-30

New York Bus Sales, LLC. recently learned through DOT out of Albany that there is an issue relating to the above mentioned Weldon back up lamp in that it does not carry the “R” designation which is required by DOT.

They are currently working with Weldon on a resolution but currently other than an LED they have no other 7” clear “back up” lights.

We are told that having an incorrect light is an “A” failure with NYSDOT which would take units out of service but DOT will not enforce that regulation stringently until December so operators have time to become compliant.

We have attached a listing of lights with their use and proper lens designation for your records.

We will update any changes as soon as possible, people are working with Weldon and DOT

update #1 - 09/04/07 - I have confirmed that as long as there is one (1) light on the rear of the bus with the "R" rating, then it meets the
DOT requirement

Buses that have 4 white backup lights on the back of the bus and some buses use weldon 7" and along with a set of 4" and the 4" have the "R"
the bus is acceptable under DOT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post 29 Dec 2008, 12:11
jmorris User avatar

I believe the "R" light has to be installed on the right side, left I dont think is DOT acceptable.

Return to DOT Information and Questions